8.13.2006

Cool New Links--Check 'em Out!

You guys should be really happy that I keep you up to date on all the coolest blogs around. Where would you ever be without me?

First, my brother Mark has posted his first new "Deep Thought" to his new Xanga, So_Thoughtful. It's about world domination, and a plot he recently discovered to take over the world, so I know that you'll want to read this and inform yourself. It's the least you can do to save yourself from impending destruction. You can click the link on the sidebar, or just click here: It was right under our droopy eyelids the whole time....

Second, Matt has moved to a new site. He used to be "extra_ordinary matt;" but now he's "beyondordinary matt." A newly updated link to the newly updated Matt is on the sidebar, or you can click here.

Third, my good friend Marge, who also went on the Mississippi trip (and who sometimes goes by her given name, Elisabeth), has started a blog that (::glare::) I was completely unaware of until she posted a comment on my last post. She has been added to the sidebar, or you can read the blog at Bella Voce. She's a writer and posts her work on the blog, like Rachel, and I have a feeling that you'll enjoy her stuff.

Fourth, randomly, Marge's mom is a published author, and she created a blog called "Fun With Blanks," which has one of the coolest premises for a blog ever. She writes the first half of a phrase and leaves a blank for the rest of it, and you comment and fill in the blank with whatever you want. It hasn't been updated since May (the first and the last post), but I'm hoping that it will continue because I think that's just freaking awesome. Click on the link to have your own Fun With Blanks.

I feel like I'm about to have an M-bito moment here...

I want to encourage all of you to check out these blogs, read them, and comment, even if you don't know the people. When I posted my story "Breaking A Fall" last month, I got a random comment from one of Stephen's friends that I'd never met before, and that was really cool. Comments on a blog are very encouraging to the blogger, and help to perpetuate regular posting on the blog, which makes everybody happy (read M-bito's sage blogpost about commenting here.) And these people (with the exception of Marge's mom, since I don't know her very well) are good friends of mine, and they have cool stuff to say that you'll enjoy reading. So read, and comment. And everyone will love you for it.

And maybe the next time you read my blog you won't have to deal with ten thousand purple HTML links in each paragraph....

6 comments:

Darth_Harbison said...

They're only purple if we've been to the site . . . otherwise, they're blue.

Anonymous said...

dude. thanks for the love.
keep blogging!

Carolyn Burns Bass said...

Have you ever got a blog comment from someone like CSUF Rock Star and felt happy because he liked your blog, but sad because you'd neglected it?

Have you ever been encouraged by someone half your age?

Well, AJ, you did that here. You totally ROCK!

Look for a new BLANK soon.

bellevoce said...

My goodness, I love my mother!!! LOL! Wow, sometimes, she really surprises me!

AJ, thank you so much for this free advertising and I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about it sooner. I only had it for a week by the time I commented on your page. (Please don't glare like that online! JK)

Thanks AJ!
<3 Marge

P.S. Did I mention that I'm an ENFJ? lol

bellevoce said...

My goodness, I love my mother!!! LOL! Wow, sometimes, she really surprises me!

AJ, thank you so much for this free advertising and I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about it sooner. I only had it for a week by the time I commented on your page. (Please don't glare like that online! JK)

Thanks AJ!
<3 Marge

P.S. Did I mention that I'm an ENFJ? lol

Mike Morabito said...

AJ-
Apparently all that sleeping at Rae's gave me some much needed blog time.

Props on giving other people props about their blogs.

Such a giver you are.

-mike morabito