6.23.2007

Two Quick Shout-Outs

Hello everyone,
You'll have to forgive me for not posting more in the past few weeks--I've been working full-time and doing that whole "real world" thing. Only two more months....

But in the meantime (until my next post, that is, not until the road trip) here are two other noteworthy posts that you should check out.

First, Marge's mom's blog Fun With Blanks, one of the greatest ideas for a blog ever, is back in action. Go comment on her latest post, and perhaps she'll post more often. And then we'd all be happier.

And second, my brother is up to his old tricks again. His latest Xanga post (darthharbison, not So_Thoughtful) is a tribute to Stargate SG-1, which he hails as the second greatest TV show ever. Somehow House isn't mentioned; perhaps he considers that third. Alias also doesn't make the top two. But in any case, his tribute primarily consists of a long list of quotes from the series. The whole thing is quite funny, but two quotes in particular caught my attention, for two of my fellow Team Americans:
For C-Pat: Jack: "I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a perfect substitute for . . . uh . . . food."
And for Eleanor: Jack: "Au revoir . . . it's French for ciao."

You can read the full post here.

Ciao till next time!

1 comment:

Darth_Harbison said...

Actually, House and Alias are probably fourth and fifth, respectively. Third would have to be The Office, and as good as all those shows (in addition to several others, such as Stargate Atlantis), I'm afraid that in my opinion, there's a rather sizable gap between Stargate SG-1, Firefly, and everything else. But, of course, since you refuse to watch Firefly, you can never experience what television SHOULD be like . . .

Thanks for the plug! Happy you liked the quotes.