7.18.2007

A Thought Experiment Throughout The Day

What does my being in Christ mean for me, right now?
It means that my sins have been washed away, removed from me as far as the east is from the west. It means that because I am in Him, His mercies to me are new every morning. It means that I am a new creation, able and willing to put off the old life and put on the new, being clothed in His perfect righteousness. "Thank You, Lord, for forgiveness."

What does my being in Christ mean for me, right now?
It means that I am His child, and that He delights to bless me. It means that He takes pleasure in providing for me a place to live, a car, a job, a paycheck, and food to sustain me. "Thank You, Lord, for this food."

What does my being in Christ mean for me, right now?
It means that because I am forgiven and clothed in His righteousness, I can come before Him in prayer. It means that I can stand in His Presence and not be consumed by His wrath, but approach Him as a servant, and as a child. It means that I am granted access into the throne room of the Sovereign Lord of the universe, and He extends His scepter to me. "Thank You, Lord, for prayer."

What does my being in Christ mean for me, right now?
It means that I am united with all believers, and that we share a bond that is deeper than any merely human connection. It means that I can have relationships that are deeper than any other human relationships because they are founded on something more than human. It means that I can have "fellowship so deep" with my fellow Christians. "Thank You, Lord, for friends and fellowship."

1 comment:

Mike Morabito said...

Hey dude, I especially love the last "What does my being in Christ mean for me, right now?" answer.

What a wonderful question to ask ourselves throughout the day.

May God continue to reveal himself to you in different ways when you think about this question.

Cool stuff.

-Mike