6.10.2008

A Quick Post Before Bedtime

(Who would have ever thought that my bedtime would be 10:30 pm? If you'd told me that while I was in college, where I regularly stayed up--most nights--until 1 or 2 am, I'd have laughed.)

Work is going really well. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I was going to; it really does appeal to the J aspects of my personality. I'm running reports, creating and closing purchase orders and invoices, updating databases. It may not sound exciting, but it's actually a lot of fun for me. And of course I'm having a great time working with Doug. The work environment is "super chill," as Mike would say: no one is afraid to just hang around and chat, some people come over to the front just to harass Doug, and I hear that "the guys" go to an Irish pub to hang out about once a week. I'm looking forward to the first time I'm invited to that.

(I added the "The place I work" link back to the "Random Stuff About Me" box in the sidebar. It's so exciting to have a workplace again.)

I'm settling into my apartment quite well too. I still have some things to unpack (lots'n'lots o' books) and things to put away, and lots of things to hang on the walls that I don't have enough wall space for, but in general I'm feeling much more at home. And the apartment has been working out very well--it's a great place. Mike and I are still planning on having an apartment-warming party once we get all our furniture, so stay tuned for that information.

And last but not least, The Listening Blog is also doing quite well. I've been getting more comments than I expected, although I'm always open for more. Some upcoming posts will include my favorite film production company video logo (the blog's worth checking out just for that), a review of the soundtrack to the movie Juno, and an interesting discussion of some extramusical sounds, complete with musical examples both visual and aural. Come check it out and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Raelynn Ann said...

Well it's good to hear that your work environment is one that allows enjoyment in "hanging at a pub". Honestly, I don't think I could handle being with the people I worked with if there was alcohol within reaching distance. There intentions at a pub would consist of hooking up with weird strangers and doing the most outrageous thing after becoming completely smashed. Not my idea of fun. SO! Good for you.

Watch out for the "party once the furniture is here" part. That's what I was doing and well... we still don't really have enough furniture for more than four people at a time :P See you then!

Raelynn Ann said...

their....