10.04.2005

Several Random But Very Good Quotes

I was cleaning out some of the few boxes left underneath my desk this evening, and I ran across a few quotes that I really like. So, of course, being the nice guy I am, I thought I'd share them with all y'all.

"Jesus came to pay a debt He did not owe because we owed a debt we could not pay." (not sure who said this)

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott

"Without Jesus we are all compulsions looking for an obsession." - a friend of Michael Russo


And finally (because I have to throw in something original), a quote from my quiet time journal, from last Saturday:

"'[He has] given us His Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee [or down payment]' (2 Corinthians 1:22). What a blessing! to know that God the Spirit dwells in my heart! To know that I have a guarantee, a down payment in earnest of the blessed day yet to come when I see Him as He is and love Him as I ought! I know that I will see Him then, because I see Him now in me."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.