2.10.2006

A Bit of Entertainment for All My Loyal Readers

Our school newspaper, the "Daily Titan" (better known in some of the more sarcastic circles on campus as the "Daily Typo"), recently ran an article on the back page of its entertainment section ("The Buzz"), entitled "7 Fashion Tips Every Guy Should Know." Not that I'm much into that kind of stuff, but I decided to skim it. Keep in mind this article was written by a certain Lauren P------, an alleged "Daily Titan Staff Writer." In the short opening paragraph (before actually getting to the 7 tips), I found 3--count 'em, 3--errors. Now the entertainment referred to in my title: Can you find the 3 errors too?

"OK mister: Admit it. You want to look good. Why wouldn't you? It is understandable that you might not want to survey your friends on the latest fashion trends, so let this be your outlet. No one has to know your reading this, but a little advice wouldn't hurt. Besides the way you dress can either scare off the girl of your dreams or reel her in. Don't you want to make sure it's the ladder? So let's get started...."

I might be crying at the state of literacy at our esteemed school of allegedly higher learning, if I wasn't laughing so hard.

2 comments:

Darth_Harbison said...

I found 'em. Whee . . .

Idhrendur said...

Well, that whole paragraph seemed like a mistake, but I assume you'RE refering specifically to the spelling and grammatical errors, and not the poor word choice and overall stupidness of the paragraph.