4.12.2006

Who Says Only People Of Our Generation Can Be Random?

From "The Nightingale," a fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen, first published in 1835:

"Then [the emperor of China] called his gentleman-in-waiting, who was so grand that when anyone of a lower rank dared to speak to him, or to ask him a question, he would only answer 'P,' which means nothing at all."

Huh???

Then, later in the tale: "...[the emperor] was ill and could not live, it was said. A new emperor was already chosen, and people stood about in the street, and asked the gentleman-in-waiting how their emperor was going on. 'P,' answered he, shaking his head."

Who's shaking their head NOW???

P.S. Thanks to everyone who came out to my show on Friday--it totally rocked! For those of you who didn't come, email me at ajharbison@gmail.com and I'll add you to my email list so you can come to my next show!

P.P.S. Mississippi update to come... stay tuned!

2 comments:

Darth_Harbison said...

lol, that rocks.

I'm gonna start saying that to people now . . .

Narisilme said...

I had Yuri read me "Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf." She loved it! And I had fun explaining words like "yelping" and "leer." Thanks, bro! I think I'm gonna give her "The BFG" as a wedding present.