6.24.2006

Crazy Political Activists

I just got a call from the California Republican Party, asking me to donate money to the cause to make sure that a Democrat is not elected to be our state's next governor. This guy was all crazy and out of breath the whole time, and I stayed on the line for a while just because it was so funny. The thing that really tipped me off was when he mentioned something about a "left-wing liberal nightmare," Phil Angelides (the Democratic candidate)--but he pronounced it "phil an-guh-lides." I said, "Wait, wait, hold on a second--you mean Phil an-juh-lee-dess, right?" He paused a moment, then said, "Yes, you're absolutely right sir, I pronounced that wrong, I've been campaigning all day long, sir, to keep the liberals from...."

I pretty much stopped listening after that.

4 comments:

Darth_Harbison said...

lol . . . wow . . . maybe I should start answering when the Caller ID says "Political Call" . . .

And how would money help make sure that the next governor is not a Democrat?

douglasgpierson said...

my mom loved this story when i told her...

Anonymous said...

thank God for that individual. We need all the steroid-induced ex-bodybuilders and bang-bang-shootem-up cowboys that we can get in office. t

bellevoce said...

Here's a great link to a flash film on Ralph Nader that you might enjoy...

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/nader.php

Straight up hilarious!